I swear I felt so bad being one of the last SATC fans in the world, plus all the uncountable cuts, to watch the girls on the screen again after a looooooong wait since last December when I first got to know that the movie will be coming mid year 2008. And while every other countries are showing (including Mars) in May, I was so upset that this low efficiency, low key, low sense and everything low except taxes and temperature country we called Malaysia is not bringing this movie into local cinemas until July!!
While having a morning jog with my family at KLCC Park, I figured an opening sentence to express my feelings when one fine day if anybody ever interviewed me: "To the Censorship,Media Development Authority and whoever's responsible for this unreasonable delay, I cursed the day you're born! (Sounds familiar heh)"
While cursing the day he/she was born seemed to be too dramatic as how Charlotte had played her role in this movie, I find this movie relating what life is when you grow up. After not seeing those girls (or women) on HBO for 2 years, I feel that their change and even what they preserved in their lifestyle is directly reflecting myself. While being dramatic is how we as being gay express ourselves, staying calm and the ability to forgive is a very important and priceless lesson to learn through hard times and breakups.
Take Carrie as an example, the hardship, shame and the unbearable losses that she faces when Big left her on their wedding day, especially when her marriage being made a 'famous celebrity wedding' after she's been featured in Vogue could easily made her going stagnant without the help of some really, really good friends.
As relationships are becoming more and more 'disposable and replaceable nowadays especially in the gay scene, having some really good friends like Carrie's deemed very important.
Like most movies, SATC comes with it's soundtrack album called "Sex and the City Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Although some of the songs are not featured in the film (i.e. Mercy by Duffy), but generally I think it's worth buying it (RM40-50, not so sure coz vie vie bought it for me) if you're a die-hard SATC fan like me.
1- labels or love
2- All dressed in love
3- Mercy
4- The look of love
5- New York girls
6- All this beauty
7- I Like the way
8- It's amazing
9- How deep is your love
10- The heart of the matter
11- Auld Lang Syne
12- Kissing
13- How can you mend a broken heart
14- Walk this way
15- Sex and the city MOVIE THEME
And for those who still adore the series and been watching it on DVD repeatedly, This book may just be your thirst quencher for SATC. Kinokuniya, RM28.10 ISBN: 2110446617682


No comments:
Post a Comment